Thursday, September 1, 2016

“The Kissing Hand” by Audrey Penn

 I will admit that I never heard of The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn until after my daughter came home from her first day of kindergarten. Her little handprint – with a heart in the middle of her palm – had been placed beneath a precious poem related to this story. Yes, it brought tears to my eyes. 

The Kissing Hand
 What was it about this story – I had briefly heard about – that tugged at my heart? I did not want to wait and see. This book was so popular that I had to place it on hold at our local library. As soon as it became available, I had the pleasure of reading this sweet story to both of my children.
 
This book was so touching that I could see why it was perfect for my daughter since she did not want to leave her mommy for the day. Kissing her hand put her at ease.

Would I recommend this book? You bet, especially for children that will be beginning preschool or kindergarten. Comfort your little
Chester,” kiss his or her hand and place it against your heart. 

                                                      

Comment Policy

This is a family-friendly site. The use of profanity, threats, verbal abuse and discrimination of every sort is strictly prohibited. Such comments will be removed.